Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hey Boo Boo, Who Has the Company Picnic Basket?

Look what showed up in my email box.  Look at the greeting, "Hi Company Picnic Planner."  I thought for sure HR's days of planning picnics were over.  It literally made me laugh out loud and I had to post it on facebook for more laughs.  

How do spammers know that a) I am in HR and b) HR has the perception of planning picnics?

I can remember when I was just a young HR chick.  I worked for a technology company outside of Atlanta.  One of my primary duties back in 1994 was to plan our annual company picnic.  I hated that.  Everyone wanted fat free this, and I hate hot dogs, and I am a vegan.  It was exhausting.  

I haven't thought about HR and picnics in the same sentence since probably around 1995 when I left that company and went to work at Aon.  

So, have I been riding the strategic HR horse too long or is HR still in the picnic business?
Post a Comment